If you are interested in Teaching Assistant training, there are several ways you can pay for your training. Depending on your current experience you will need to take a Level 2 or Level 3 course in Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools. Both courses can be funded in the following ways:

Apprenticeships
To get apprenticeship funding you must already be working in a school and the school must be able to fund the apprenticeship. The school can do this in one of two ways. The first is through a co-funding model which means the school contributes 10% and the government pays the other 90% of the course fees. The second way for the school to pay for your training is through the Apprenticeship Levy. This levy is effectively a tax that employers pay to fund apprenticeship training.

Employers that pay the levy can include private schools, state funded schools, faith schools and academies. The levy is calculated based on the employers wage bill.

We can help you and your school work out if you are eligible for apprenticeship funding and will deal with all the paperwork.

Adult Education Budget (AEB)
The AEB aims to help adults access the skills and learning they need for work. To be eligible for for funding you must be over 19 years of age, a citizen of a country within the European Economic Area (EEA) or have the Right of Abode in the UK. This must also be the first Level 2 or Level 3 qualification you have taken. We can help you apply for AEB funding.

Self -funded
You can pay for your qualification yourself or ask your employer to pay for it. We offer instalment plans to learners who are self-funding their training.

If you need any advice on which course is best for you and how to pay for your training, please call us on 020 8045 4405. We can find out more about you and your circumstances and help you work out the different options.  

 

Share This